Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Baked Parmesan Fish


I wasn't quite sure if I'd like this very much. I usually only like pasta if it has a sauce. But to my surprise it was quite tasty. The recipe calls for angel hair pasta (which I love) but, as with several other things, I can't find it here so we had to use regular spaghetti pasta. I served it with roasted sweet potatoes with garlic sauce.

4 ounces Angel Hair Pasta, cooked
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour 3 thyme sprigs, crushed without the stems
4 (6-ounce) white fish fillets
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 cup mushroom caps, halved
1/2 cup green onions, finely sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Cook pasta according to package directions.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place the Parmesan cheese, flour, and thyme in a paper bag. Individually coat the fish by gently shaking the fillets in the bag; reserve the coating ingredients in the paper bag.
Place fillets in a baking pan with rack, bake for 20 minutes. The fish fillets are done when they flake apart with a fork.
Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the yellow onion, mushrooms, green onions and garlic until the onions are tender; stir frequently. Seasoned with salt and pepper according to taste.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now *that* looks tasty. The lighting makes the food look warm!

I'm putting this on next weeks Menu Plan. Thanks!

test it comm said...

Baked on parmesan is always good. The roasted sweet potatoes with garlic sauce sounds good as well.

JANET said...

Oh, this sounds so tasty! I am going to have to mention this recipe over at Catfish Bytes!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my Beef Stew. I'll e-mail the recipe later. (No tomatoes included!)