Thursday, August 16, 2007

Tuna Casserole



Since we're going out of town I haven't been to the grocery store this week. I wanted to use up items from our pantry that have just been sitting around. So, I threw together this Tuna Casserole.

Patrick's review: B (only a B!!!!) lol He said it needed more cheese (which it did) and he wanted more bread crumbs. I thought it was a bit bland so next time I'll add even more spices to it.
Here's what I threw together.
2 Cans chunk tuna
1-2 Cups elbow macaroni, cooked per pkg directions
1 Large cream of mushroom soup
1/2 Cup milk
4 Tablespoons sour cream
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Few dashes of Tabasco
Salt & Pepper
Sharp cheddar cheese
Bread crumbs
1 pkg frozen vegetables (carrots, green beans, asparagus)

In a large bowl combine tuna, cream of mushroom, sour cream, milk, vegetables. Add spices to taste (onion, garlic powders, salt, pepper and Tabasco). Heat this mixture in the microwave for about 2 minutes on high. Mix macaroni and tuna mixture in a casserole dish, fold in cheese. Top with cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake in oven (uncovered) at 350 for approx 20 minutes until cheese is bubbly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have this on my menu this week!

B's Mom said...

Hi Nicole, thanks for the visit to my blog. I decided to check out the Tuna Casserole recipe.

When you say 1 large can of Cr. of Mushroom you mean what size? and do you think canned veggies would work since I don't have any frozen?