Sunday, August 5, 2007

Roasted Chicken

I made roasted chicken tonight with roasted potatoes and baby squash. Look how juicy the chicken looks. That, my friend, is the breast meat. :) I mix butter with thyme and garlic and stuff it under the breast skin. Also smear some butter mixture around the legs and wings. Season the outside of the chicken with salt & pepper. Roast chicken about an hour @ 350 and let sit for 20 min before serving.

Roasted Potatoes- drizzle olive oil and sprinkle rosemary over cubed potatoes. Cook @ 350 for approx. 20 minutes (turning once half-way)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm blogghopping before I can link up my Menu Plan...

That chicken looks *delish* If only we had 'Scratch n' Sniff' LOL

(I've added you to my blogroll)

Candi said...

Yum---that does look good!! I don't typically do whole chickens, but they just so happen to be on sale right now!!