Sunday, August 12, 2007

Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops

I have to say, this is the first time I've made pork chops and eaten every single bite. They were very juicy! I served the chops with homemade mashed potatoes, green beans with shallots and garlic spinach. Next time I may serve the chops over angel hair with a cream sauce.

Patrick's review: A+ The pork chops were phenomenal. The breading was light and flaky and the pork was very succulent. Greens were as good as greens can be. (he doesn't like veggies)
Parmesan crusted pork chops (Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentils)
Ingredients:
3-4 pork chops
2 eggs
Italian breadcrumbs (I used regular breadcrumbs and added oregano & thyme)
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (fine)
Salt & Pepper
Olive Oil
Directions:
Whisk the eggs in a pie plate to blend. Place the bread crumbs in another pie plate. Place the cheese in a third pie plate. Sprinkle the pork chops generously with salt and pepper. Coat the chops completely with the cheese, patting to adhere. Dip the chops into the eggs, then coat completely with the bread crumbs, patting to adhere.
Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a very large skillet over medium heat. Add pork chops, in batches if necessary, and cook until golden brown and the center reaches 150 degrees, about 6 minutes per side. The pork chops we bought were thick so after cooking on the stove for about 5 minutes on each side I popped them into the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes. I think this got the juices flowing too. :)
Garlic Spinach:
Saute about 6 chopped garlic cloves in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add spinach, salt & pepper, toss it with the garlic and oil, cover and cook for approx. 2 minutes. Uncover the pot, turn the heat on high, and cook the spinach for another minute, stirring with a wooden spoon, until all the spinach is wilted. Drain the spinach and top with butter, a squeeze of lemon, and a sprinkling of salt.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like I'll have to take the 'pork chop mountain' out of the freezer!

Unknown said...

Yummy! You can't go wrong with Giada's recipes! I have yet to make one that I haven't loved! My hard drive crashed and it will be about a week to get my computer up and running,but my husband has one I will use when he is home! It sucks to be computerless- I am such a dork, I know ! LOL

Terri said...

Yum. Those look delicious. I'm going to have to try them this week.

Terri said...

I made these last week. Wow! Really delicious. I will post my photos and the recipe on my blog some time this coming week. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

Terri said...

I have posted the photos of the chops and your recipe. Thanks again for sharing the recipe!