Sunday, August 12, 2007

Eggs Benedict


I made Eggs Benedict this morning for Patrick's welcome home breakfast. It was was yummier than it looks. I added salmon to "kick it up a notch" and used bagels instead of English muffins. GOOD STUFF! I didn't make my own holladaise sauce this time, but I will when I make it again. Also didn't have any parsley to sprinkle over for color. Man- did I drop the ball this time! LOL *I've started a grading system with his highness so I improve my culinary skills. :)
Patrick's review: A+ very tasty!!! (went back for seconds) The salmon add the extra richness to the dish.
Ingredients:
poached eggs
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1-2 toasted bagels (or English muffins)
smoked salmon
holladaise sauce mixture
Directions:
Fill non-stick cooking pan halfway with water, add tsp vinegar
Bring to a simmer and slide in egg - cook until egg whites are cooked
Place 2 or 3 pieces of salmon on top of bagel, add egg and drizzle with holladaise sauce
A little rich, but "delish". Enjoy!


No comments: