Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Marinated Cod

Marinated Cod
Inspired by Jamie Oliver

We had marniated cod for dinner last night and it was "delish". Next time I will cut down on the capers cause they were a little overwhelming. Other than that, this was easy to make and very tasteful. Patrick even went back for seconds!! I served the fish with white rice and sauteed green beans in garlic and prosciutto.



















Ingredients

Olive Oil
1 small can anchovies
2 lemons, thinly sliced
1 small can capers, drained
fresh rosemary
4 fish steaks (I used Cod)

Mix rosemary, capers and olive oil together. Let sit for about 20 minutes to let the ingredients infuse. With your hands rub the marinated over each piece of fish and place in a casserole dish. Place lemons over fish then the remaining marinade. Top with anchovies and cook for around 15 minutes at 180 C.

Here's the finale... delicious!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Jamie Olivers ideas. Ever tried his curry sauce? It's lovely.

(My hands still pong!)

Mallow said...

That sounds wonderful (I love capers, even when there are lots of them!)

Kathryn said...

Everything sounds so wonderful. I've bookmarked the porkchops, but also plan on trying some others.

Have a good trip while your home, here in Dallas (I live outside of Dallas, I also used to live in England years ago...still miss it). Hopefully the weather will cool off while your here. Low 90's in October is just not right :)