Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Spaghetti Carbonara


Ingredients:
1 pkg diced proscuitto
4 garlic cloves, chopped
Dash or two of crushed red peppers
1 cup chicken stock
2 large egg yolks
1 cup pasta water
1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
1 Zuchinni
Parsley, chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste
Noodles of your choice (I use linguini)

Directions:Cook noodles as per package. Saute zuchinni in a bit of olive oil for about a minute. Add proscuitto and let it brown. Add additional olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for around 2 minutes. Add stock to the pan and reduce the liquid by half. Beat egg yolks then stirl in ladle of pasta water. Drain pasta, and add to pan with proscuitto and garlic. Remove from heat. Add egg mixture, cheese, parsley, salt & pepper and toss until sacue is absorbed. Adjust to taste and serve immediately.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I love Carbonara. This looks so good. I like your addition of zucchini. Darn, I guess I'm going to have to have it this week.

Kelli said...

This looks so yummy! I'm gonna save it for future reference... :)

Renee said...

Mmmm..this looks delicious!

Renee'
http://rmboys.wordpress.com/

Paul Rados said...

i agree. i am looking forward to making this one! great job!

Candi said...

Yum, Nicole--this looks so good! I just saved it to make in the future!