Sunday, August 10, 2008

Menu Plan Monday



I've been out of the loop with menu planning. I never realized how much money planning saves! Anyhoo- my Mom is coming to visit for a week and a half. I can't wait to see her! (smile) Here is our menu for the week. This weekend we will be in Seattle and the San Juan Islands so I will post some restaurant reviews too. Have a good week! For more menu plans and recipes visit our host Laura at http://www.orgjunkie.com/.


Monday
Spaghetti a la Carbonara*


Tuesday
Chicken with vegetables*


Wednesday
Hamburger helper (that's right- dinner from a box!)


Thursday
Enchiladas and rice


Friday
Taco night


Saturday
Seattle


Sunday
San Juan Islands


Spaghetti a la Carbonara


Ingredients:
1 pkg diced proscuitto
4 garlic cloves, chopped
Dash or two of crushed red peppers
1 cup chicken stock
2 large egg yolks
1 cup pasta water
1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
Parsley, chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste
Noodles of your choice (I use linguini)


Directions:
Cook noodles as per package.
Saute proscuitto in a drizzle of oil until it browns. Add additional olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for around 2 minutes. Add stock to the pan and reduce the liquid by half. Beat egg yolks then stirl in ladle of pasta water. Drain pasta, and add to pan with proscuitto and garlic. Remove from heat. Add egg mixture, cheese, parsley, salt & pepper and toss until sacue is absorbed. Adjust to taste and serve immediately.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your menu looks SUPER!!! After seeing your menu, I want to eat at your house all week... LOL... Have a great week!!!

Stacy and Brian's Adventures in Life said...

The Spaghetti a la Carbonara sounds wonderful. I love creamy pastas!

Renee said...

Your menu plan sounds wonderful! Thanks for stopping by.

Renee'
http://rmboys.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

me toooooo....can you please come down here and cook for me?>! :)