Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Im Back!


Hi friends! Oh how I have missed cooking for these past couple of months. I went to Dallas in October "for a few weeks", but ended up staying until the 30th of December. Lots will be happening in 2008. Patrick and I will be moving to Washington State in April. So while we are in England we need to try to sell our house and have it all packed up and ready to go. Umm.... lol
Anyway, this is the first meal I made when I came back. It was oh so good. Baked salmon over a bed of orzo pasta with spinach, roasted potatoes and salad. I just drizzled some olive oil and rosemary over the salmon and baked it for about 20 minutes.
Orzo pasta with spinach:
1 pkg orzo pasta
1 box frozen spinach
2 garlic cloves
olive oil
butter
Cook the pasta as directed on package. Saute spinach in olive oil, butter and add garlic cloves. Stir in orzo pasta. Add salt and a bit of lemon zest. Yummay!
Roasted potatoes:
Boil 3-4 potatoes for approx. 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut potatoes into big chunks and lay on roasting pan. In a saucepan heat 2 cloves garlic, some butter and olive oil until bubbly. Drizzle over potatoes and add herbs to your liking. Bake for approx 25 minutes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks gorgeous!

It's great to have you back again...

Ashley said...

Wow you have been a busy girl. Washington eh? We may just have to drive up for a visit! We will be moving to a bigger home by the end of the month. I know how you feel about the whole moving thing. UGH! Hope you had a wonderful New Year!

Meg Wolff said...

You look like a great cook. I'd have to delete the butter for myself, but I could do this dish. Thanks!

crystal said...

Oh, this looks so good....and HEALTHY! I need a little "healthy" after December, haha.