Friday, June 13, 2008

Pineapple Pork Roast

I'm not a big fan of pork. Actually, I can't stand the taste of it sometimes. I found a pork roast on sale at the grocery store. What to do with it? I had heard of people making pineapple roasts, so I gave it a go. We had a back up plan- give leftovers to the dogs over the week and head for Arby's if it turned out gross. BUT- to my surprise, it was heavenly. The meat just fell apart (as you can see). I tried to slice it so it would make a pretty picture, but no luck. Anyway, below is the recipe. You have to try this roast. It is so good and super easy!

Pineapple Pork Roast

1 pork roast
salt & pepper
1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried basil

Set crockpot to low. Place the pork roast in crockpot. Combine all ingredients and pour over roast. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Delish!

4 comments:

test it comm said...

That pork sounds really tasty!

Liz said...

Yum! I have added this recipe to my rotation.I love pork roasts and the boys are getting tired of the honey pork roast and the Cuban mojo...I will let you know how it goes.

Anonymous said...

Nic:

I saw a similar recipe on another site, but it included 3 or 4 additional ingredients I couldn't pronounce, let alone be able to find in Arkansas. Yours sounds delicious and much easier. I will let you know how it turns out.

copperknot said...

This was an easy recipe, so I fell for it immediately! The taste wasn't as sweet as I had anticipated (or hoped for), but overall it was good.