Thursday, November 13, 2008

Roast Beef Sub


I made a pot roast on Sunday. Instead of having the traditional "pot roast dinner", I made hoagies instead. They were so good! I added some provolone on top and melted it before I served them. The pot roast is so juicy that you don't even need condiments.
Ingredients:
Chuck roast- 2.5 lb.
Approx 10 garlic cloves
Olive oil
1 can beef broth
Salt & Pepper
Directions:
Preheat oven to 325. Cut small slits on the chuck roast and slip 1/2 garlic clove into it. I usually make about 10 to 15 slits total (I love garlic!). Rub olive oil all over the roast then add salt & pepper. Brown each side of the roast in a frying pan for about 3 minutes on each side. Once you put the roast in a roast pan, pour the beef broth over it and add additional salt & pepper. Cover and cook for approx. 3 hours on 325.

No comments: